< Return to Patient Information
Visiting Hours Daily 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Olympia Medical Center's philosophy is to encourage family support and participation in the treatment and care of our patients. Therefore, the Hospital encourages open visitation of patients at the medical team’s discretion based on the following guidelines.
General Guidelines and Procedure
1. Visiting hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
2. For the protection of patients against childhood communicable disease, visitors 14 years and younger are not allowed to visit. Children may sit in the waiting area in the lobby under the direct supervision of a visiting adult.
3. In the Critical Care Units, the visiting hours will be limited to two (2) people at a time in 10 - 15 minute increments at the discretion of the healthcare team.
4. Visitors are requested to be considerate of other patients who may share a patient’s room and keep the number of visitors at any given time to two. Other visitors may wait in the visitor waiting areas found on each floor.
5. It is highly recommended that visitors who have experienced a fever, any contagious disease, cough; runny nose; sore throat; skin rash; vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours not visit patients in the hospital. The visitor should also be free of any communicable disease.
6. For exceptions for any of the above guidelines, please consult with the Nurse Supervisor or Charge Nurse so special visiting arrangements can be made i.e. other than the regular visiting hours or for children under the age of 14.
Before surgery, family members may visit during regular visiting hours. After surgery, our surgical staff will advise visitors when they may visit.
Olympia Medical Center is an Alecto Healthcare Hospital. Our 204-bed acute care medical/surgical facility, provides award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical and surgical services to our communities.